Who can apply for COVID-19 Funeral Assistance?
You may qualify if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien who paid for funeral expenses after January 20, 2020, and
- The funeral expenses were for an individual whose death in the United States, territories or the District of Columbia, may have been caused by or was likely the result of COVID-19.
For additional information, please visit their website at https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance/faq
COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Line Number
Applications begin on April 12, 2021
844-684-6333 | TTY: 800-462-7585
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time to begin the application process.
No online applications will be accepted.
When you call, it should take about 20 minutes to apply. They will not rush through calls because they intend to make sure every applicant gets their questions answered and receives the help they need to apply.
It is important to gather all necessary information and documentation before applying for assistance. This will help them take the application and process it in a timely manner.Once you have applied and are given an application number, you may provide supporting documentation to FEMA a few ways:
- Upload to your DisasterAssistance.gov account
- Fax documents: 855-261-3452.
- Mail documents: P.O. BOX 10001, Hyattsville, MD 20782
Stay healthy and safe.